Friday 14 August 2015

Book review || #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso


Hello there, 

I have a very exciting book to tell you about. I have no doubt you have already seen hundreds of reviews and more than likely you have already read the book! However these are my thoughts and opinion on it!

I will admit before I heard about this book I had very little knowledge about Sophia Amoruso or indeed Nasty Gal. I know was I living under a rock!!? I had heard of the company but knew virtually nothing about it. Nonetheless I heard so many people rave about this book that I had to pick it up and give it a shot.

Boy Im glad I did! If anyone has yet to read this book then I highly highly urge you to pick it up!!



#GIRLBOSS

This book is autobiographical. It is written by Sophia Amoruso. It talks about her life growing up and all the events that led to creating the Nasty Gal company and brand. She talks about her experiences and lessons she has learned while also talking not only about how she built up the company from nothing but also how she continues to run it as a multi million dollar company.




What I liked about the book.

Honestly I think this is probably one of the most inspirational books I have ever read!! I love the way it is written as if she is talking directly to you the reader! Its kind of like having a one on one interview where she is telling you all her secrets to success! Everytime I put the book down I felt so motivated and refreshed!! I think because she seems so real! (I know she is real, but you know what I mean!) Like she could be a friend! There was no silver spoon involved in her success, no expensive private schools and rich connections. She was just like one of us that happened upon an idea and it took off from there. She worked hard, stayed driven, motivated & positive and quickly rose to top!! She includes anicdotes from her life, tips, tricks and also short biographic stories from other #girlbosses and people who never gave up in their quest for success. 




Anything Negative??

The only negative thing that I have heard about this book is that she can come across as a little condescending & to be completely honest I can see their point every now and then! The way this book is written, the dialog can be quiet hard & brash. It is straight to the point! But that is not a turn off for me I kind of like it. Its so direct! 



Would I recommend it?

I think you already know the answer to this..... YES 100% YES! I have already recommended it to friends and relatives! If you are in need of motivation to move your lazy ass I guarantee you, reading this book will do the trick! If it doesn't there's not much else that will!! I think its an excellent book and an absolutely fantastic achievement by Sophia Amoruso. I would definately be interested in any future books she may bring out. She has a bright future and long may the success last!! 





*I am not being sponsered in anyway for this review. I purchased this book with my own money. I have written this review of my own accord, for your information and entertainment. This is my opinion and my opinion alone. *
          




Have you read this book??
What did you think?? Let me know in the comments







Have you checked out my Beauty Blog Beauty La Linda - MUA






Thank You For Reading
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment