Tuesday 28 February 2017

Monthly Highlights 2017 ~ February ~



Hey Friends,

Now I don't usually post a Lifestyle post on a Tuesday but as it is the last day of the month I thought why not!? I am happy to report this month, although again not one of the best or easiest months of my life it has a lot easier than January (If you missed that post, you can check it out here - Monthly Highlights 2017 ~ January ~

So here are my highlights for the month - 

Learning more about my family

Okay so what I'm about to talk about isn't exactly what I would call a highlight. Instead it was extremely difficult & something that I would not like to have to do again & wish didn't have to be done in the first place. As I mentioned in my post last month, on the 27th of January after a tough battle we lost my beloved grandmother. As I am writing this I can't believe its been a month. So as you can imagine the first couple of weeks of February entailed cleaning out my grandmothers home. This was a long and difficult process but during the process I learned so much about my family. I thought I knew my family so well but there was so much more I never realised. There were many times that I wished I could ask my nan things but unfortunately it was not possible.   

These past 6 weeks or so I have been so grateful for my family & it has really made me appreciate the people in my life!! I wouldn't really say it was a highlight parse but it is something that has been on the fore front of my mind. I have learned so much & realise now more than ever just how important family & loved ones are in our lives. 


Trip to Kerry

I decided I need to get out for a few days. I decided to go back to kerry & visit the people I missed while I was away. I had not seen some of them in 3 months! Like I said above if I have learn one thing already this year is to keep the people you love around you! I had such a good 3 days in Kerry. I got to see so many people I love and just relax for a while. Just enjoy the scenery & surroundings again for a while. Part of me can not wait to get back there in a couple of weeks, the other part of me is not mentally prepared to leave my home & family again! 





Dinner with Bestie

It had been so long since I had just been doing normal things like meeting friends for coffee, lunch, dinner, that I jumped at my friends offer to go out for dinner! It was such a good night, catching up! & the food was delicious! This was definitely a highlight this month!!


Trip to Dublin

Last weekend I also took a trip to Irelands capital city, Dublin city. I had tickets to see Russell Howard Live in Vicar Street. It was just brilliant!! I love him!! Honestly one of the best Gigs / Shows I have ever been to! I will definitely be going to another gig again the future! Well worth it!! Also it is one the things on my 30 before 30 list (You check it out here if you haven't read it already - 30 Things to do before I'm 30) The rest of the trip was great too! I stayed at one of my besties apartment. We chilled out, watched movies & reality TV, ate junk food & take-away & we also went to see the movie Sing. It was so good!! Highly recommend it if you are looking for a feel-good, funny, easy to watch movie!! Loved it!! 







Spark Joy

For the train journey home from Dublin I decided to pop into Eason's to see if they would have this book. I really wanted something for the two and half hour journey but I didn't want to just pick up anything. I've had my eye on this book ever since I "read" the first one on Audible around Christmas time, but it was never really in my budget & was very expensive anytime I spotted it. I couldn't find it available on Audible.  
This year I plan to become debt free therefore I cannot be spending money all the time & have to watch what I spend my money on, budgeting every purchase. I told myself that if they had this book for under €10 I would buy it. It seemed unlikely as everywhere I had seen it previously it had bee between €12 - €20.  
It was my lucky day!! €8.99! It was on sale!! So I picked it up and I'm about half way through it now. I will have reviews coming up on both books very soon!! 




So as you can see February was not so bad. Still tough but slowly, everyday it is getting easier & It will continue to get easier. I have my nan watching over me now & I know she will protect us & guide us! 

Let me know in the comments what your highlights have been this month as I would love to share your happiness & enjoyment!! 

Chat soon x 


Thank You for Reading
xox

Previous Posts -


Have you checked out my Beauty Blog!? - Beauty La Linda ~ MUA
Previous Posts -

You can also connect with me here - 
TWITTER - @Beauty_La_Linda
INSTAGRAM - @beauty_la_linda
BLOGLOVIN' - Beauty  &  Lifestyle 
SNAPCHAT - beautylalinda  

No comments:

Post a Comment