Wednesday 26 April 2017

Puppies are a girls best friend!!




Hello friends,

Happy Bank Holiday Monday, I hope you have all had a fantastic weekend!!

Recently I was contacted by PuppySpot about creating a post for #nationalpuppyday. Unfortunately I missed the mark on that but I thought to myself everyone should hear & read about puppies!! It doesn't matter if it's the national day for it or not. The Doggie pictured on the right is my sisters baby her Golden LabradorBuster.
You can check out her here on Instagram if you want to see more - @unicorncandycane

As an absolute animal lover I was more than happy to colaborate on this project. Basically the purpose of this post is too create awareness about keep a doggy in your life and how it is important to put alot of thought into it before you pick up your new family member.

As you may already know there are many benefits to having a canine in your life. Theres everything from the social & loving aspect to the health benefits (as you are now more active taking pup for walkies) & also it has been proven that having a furry friend in your life reduces stress, anxiety and blood pressure which is why you have so many service & pet therapy dogs now. Ideally when I am in more of a position to do so I would like to train my own therapy dog and bring some joy to the community.

My Mothers baby when he was 16 weeks old - Belgian Shepard - Levi


Although there more benefits than I could ever count, both measurable & immeasurable when comes to having mans best friend there is also alot to consider before picking one up. Anyone who has been a long time follower of my blog will know that I have want my own puppy for as long as I can remember but unfortunately it has never been the right time. I know it is completely unfair to bring any life into my home if I neither have the time nor lifestyle to accommodate him/her. There are thousands of dogs all over the world that have been abandon or handed in the shelters due to many reasons that are completely out of the control of the dog. Many of these animals could have avoided this fate if their owners had either been more informed about the type of animal they had chosen or had taken the time realise what a commitment they had been  making. It's very easy to pick up a cute, adorable puppy on a whim but people seem to forget that dogs can live anywhere from 8-16 years. Thats a long term commitment to a living thing that will love you more than anything and depend on you for everything. For these reasons I have decided that I will not be getting one until I know my life is stable enough to share it with him/her.


My Besties (Dara, Blogger - Purple Button Cuture - +PurpleButton Couture) White German Shepard - Tanzie  

However if you are in the position to pick one up congratulations & I am so jealous!! haha!! Although there is still more to consider. With an estimated 339 dog breeds in the world at this present moment in time there are alot to choose from. This might seem daunting but if you do your research there is reason why you can't end up with your perfect canine companion.

PuppySpot have given me this chart to share with any of you thinking about getting a puppy. Hopefully it will help with the decision making process.




*I am not being paid for this post. All of what I have written are all my own thoughts and feelings on the subject*

If you can't see this properly please leave me a comment down below with your email address and I shall send it to you personally.

It may not be the right time for me but that doesn't mean I don't want see your puppy friends or hear all about them. Please leave me a comment and tell me all about your favourite furry friends!! If you prefer you can also connect with me through my social media. All links and info below!! 

Chat soon my loves x



No comments:

Post a Comment