Thursday 26 January 2017

Midweek Motivation || Taking on too much at once!




Hey Friends, 

So it's that time of year! Everybody's got their new years resolutions & they're all out hustling, girlbossing and going hell for leather to make this year better than last year. 

Recently I was talking to a close friend about my plans for 2017 & while I was telling her all the things I wanted to achieve she said something very interesting to me. She said "Whatever you do don't try to take on everything at once. Nothing can be perfect over night. Its all the little things & little decisions you make everyday that work towards the greater goal!"

This really stuck with me! She was right. I have a tendency to get an idea into my head, attack it and then either get bored, start to feel unmotivated or undefeated with no stamina or will to keep going. This combined with bouts of anxiety sometimes I'm left at a standstill, especially if things are not going great in my personal life. Generally in these times I tend to hide and leave all thoughts of goals or sometimes even blogging on the back burner with no will to carry on for a while.





Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I have no will to carry on with life or anything dark like that but I just feel like I go into survival mode which means I don't feel like I have the strength to attack life with the force it needs to get goals accomplished.

I have taken note of these words and I really feel like this is something I want to do in 2017. Really think about my goals and plan properly so as not to get overwhelmed and lose before I have even begun. 





I know last year I didn't do badly with my goals at all but blogging really took a hit because my life was chaotic at some points. I had a great year overall but I really didn't have the capacity (or at least think or feel like I did) to take on everything so unfortunately it was blogging that suffered. Which was a shame & also something that made me feel terrible, not only because I feel like I have been promising you guys so much and not delivering but also because I love blogging and it's like an outlet for me when I'm stressed and upset. Just to sit here & talk to you guys!

I have been hearing alot about having a "buzz word" for the new year. I have decided I will try it this year. This year my word is going to be "stability" in all senses and meanings on the word. I need to stabilise most areas of my life and build proper routines, personal relationships, blogging, work, finances, my space, eating & health & mental health. This sounds (& feels) like alot. Even reading that back makes me feel overwhelmed but like my friend says a little a day will get you there. 

As long as you have an idea of where you want to go then you can head in the right direction with decisions you make everyday. 

I hope this post was helpful (I know it was a little rambly) Please let me know in the comments your thoughts on this topic!



Chat soon friends! x


Thank You for Reading
xox


Previous Posts -

Have you checked out my Beauty Blog!? BeautyLaLinda - MUA
Previous Posts -



No comments:

Post a Comment