Sunday 8 January 2017

BeautyLaLinda - Lifestyle || Slaying it 2017!! || Tips to Sticking to & Achieving your Goals!!




Hello Friends, 

Its that time of the year again!! By now you probably have your goals & resolutions in your head & you know what you would like to achieve in to 2017! If you would like to check out mine you can click on the link here - Goals & Resolutions 2017

Its all well and good having ideas & goals if you then never bother to try and achieve them... or worse you start off really good and then lose momentum after a week. Believe me, we have all been there! I too have fallen into the trap!! All happy and ready to rock & roll but a couple of weeks in and I can't even remember what my goals were in the first place. However in recent years I have become better and better with this! I have a few tips that might give you the hand you need to get you to the finish line. 



Idea time!

First off, grab yourself a piece of paper and a pen and write down what you want to achieve. It doesn't matter how big or small they are just get them out of your head and onto paper. I think in a wierd way sometimes when you write things down they almost feel more real. For example if you have been thinking I really want to learn to sew, then it's a nice thought but that's all it is a thought, however once you write it down it feels more like a commitment, more real. It feels like if it was important enough to write it down then it is important enough to put the time and energy into achieving it! Make your goals as broad or as specific as you like as long as you have them on paper.


Get Real!

Now you have them all in front you now is the time to get specific. Make it more realistic. If you have "lose some weight" written down then now look at it and say it to yourself, how much? By when? If you want learn a language. Then ask yourself, what language? By when? Why? Make them all more specific so you know exactly what you are working towards and when you have achieved what you have set out to do!


Make a plan!

Right! You got your goals, you know your targets now what? Now you have to make your plan to get you there right!? So you want to learn Italian? Look up all the classes in your area, see if any of them fit your time schedule & will work for you. Buy phrase books, Download Apps, Get books on audible, use the internet & all its glory to your advantage. Next decide the timing. If you have classes that will already put you on a schedule, however if you also have apps or audible books or regular books then decide to maybe put 10 mins aside each day to listen, read or interact with the app. Soon this will become routine to you! 


Calm Down!

I know how easy it is to get all caught up with resolution madness!! I, myself have fallen victim to it. However I honestly believe that it is the quickest path to failure! If you start running before you can walk you will fall and hurt yourself and forever become discouraged. You will start thinking negative things like "It will never happen for me!" "I can't do this! It's just too hard!" "I give up! I'll start again Next year!" My advice is to start off nice and slow. Stay consistent! If you forget a day or get a knock back, get up dust yourself off and keep going! Remember although it has become customary to create goals and resolutions at the start of each year, you can create a goal on any day of the week and start a new journey! Its all about perspective and perseverance. If its not happening as quick as you thought you may need to adjust your goal strategy but it will work out in the end if you really want it to!! 




Be Accountable

Track your progress along the way and the last thing you will want to do is stop! Make these visual, have them wherever you think you will see them most! There's nothing more satisfying then seeing how much you have done and how well you are doing. If you don't think you can do this alone get a buddy! If someone else you know wants to accomplish the same thing team up!! Twice the fun! Tell people if you want others to hold you accountable. Whether they mean to or not they are bound to ask how you are getting on and you want to be able to tell them you are smashing it!! You guys keep me accountable as I always tell you at the beginning of the year my goals & resolutions, then I do a review around June & then again at the end of the year but I don't generally tell many people in my daily life as I like to work quietly on them by myself. I find it alot more pressure to tell people! 


Reward Yourself

Within accomplishing almost any goal there are many smaller goals that join together to create the ultimate goal. I think if you make many little goals that lead you to the greater goal they automatically seem more attainable. I think if you reward yourself when you achieve your goals it will help you to stay on track as you will be able to see exactly how far you have actually come.  For example you stick out the Italian all year then why not plan an Italian holiday to put all your hard work to good use!!    


Dream & Work Hard 

Thats pretty much it! If you really want it you can do it! Nobody else is going to do it for you! Just think if you start now where you could be this time next year! You can do it my friends, I believe in you!

Leave me a comment below letting me know what you hope to accomplish in the next 12 months & also if you have any tips of your own on how to achieve your goals and resolutions!!




Chat soon x 



Thank You for Reading
xox


Previous Posts -

Have you checked out my Beauty Blog!? -  Beauty La Linda - MUA
Previous Posts -

No comments:

Post a Comment